Sunday, August 30, 2009

Time Checked and Progress



When treating horses cuts and ailments, a consistancy in monitering daily progress is critical.

















This is the result after India's first treatment for mud fever or scratches. The swelling has gone down and the scabs are dissolving.

















This Remy after treated the wound and rebandaged his leg.


Here is the cut revealed after the first bandage was removed. The skin is fusing together nicely and no signs of infection. I was impressed that there was little swelling considering the intensity of this wound.








Dr. Call did a skilled job at the matress stitch. It is holding strong. I had some concern where the tendon had been damaged. He assured me that it would heal and that Remy would be able to apply weight on that leg. The stitches need to remain for 14 days. I rasped his toe down to remove extra pressure on the tendon area. He is baring more weight on the leg today. I've also completed his series of penicillian shots.

These are some of the supplies used to treat Remy.





These are the two ointments "Mertek" to treat fungus, and the other to treat bacterial. The name has slipped my mind. I alternate treatments and we're seeing good results.






It's nice to have veterinarians that care and have our best interest in mind.









1 comment:

  1. Very informative. Even to an untrained eye, I can see that the wounds are healing well. I'm sure the horses are as glad as you are about that!

    ReplyDelete