Sunday, August 16, 2009

A CLOSER LOOK...

Sometimes life is best when we take a closer look at the situation.

For example, I had planned to go huckleberry picking last Friday. Riley and Rana asked if they could come along. Knowing that Jaydon my grandson would also be there, I questioned how much berry picking one of us would actually get done.





Yes, that's grandma's hat. Guess who Jaydon picked to hang out with!



Jaydon had a plan for me.









He taught me that sometimes it's more important to take a closer look at what's more important in life. Children and animals look on our hearts. They're not concerned whether or not I wore make-up for a photo to be exposed to the entire world. They know and understand our hearts and who we really are.

He taught me to explore at all that is in the picture and to not just focus on the huckleberries. Maybe God wants us to fill our emotional and spiritual needs and not just our bellies.















Take a closer look at this photo... Notice the microscopic red spiders. I didn't realize that they were there until I took a closer look. Now I will take notice each time I look again at a "Black-eyed Susan".


















An even closer look.










The flowers are so brillant this year.






















I didn't realize that Raspberries grew wild in the mountains.







Riley, Rana, and Candice all managed to gather some Huckleberries.



I was able to spend some time with my little, and growing grandson and take a closer look at the things and people in my life that will bring me a lifetime of happiness. My life is so rich.

















2 comments:

  1. Is Jaydon your grandson? He looks like Mr. Chad. I can't wait till you come to Philly- you have to come and eat............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful, Mom. And great photos, too. I can't believe how big Jaydon is getting! I'm glad you all had a good time and got some huckleberries, too!

    ReplyDelete