Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bumps bruises and more!

With horses I spend a lot of time applying salves and ointments, administers shots, wrapping cuts, and finding new and inovative ways to get them to swallow syrups, pastes, or pills.
This is why India was sore. We had to shave the hair, srape the scabs and apply ointment for "Scratches" which can be bacterial or fungus. I'm presently researching and coming up with my own mix for Sarcoids for India. I'll keep you posted on the results. I've decided that when it comes to horses, it pays to keep yourself informed and aware of the care and cures of all horse related issues.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's good that you wrote about the maintenance and care involved in keeping horses. I know a lot of people don't anticipate these things before buying a horse.

    ReplyDelete