Monday, July 27, 2009

THRILLS AND SPILLS RODEO CHILLS!

We celebrate the 24th of July in honor of the Mormon Pioneers who crossed the plains in order to obtain religious freedom. That's the answer to one of the questions asked at the rodeo queen contest that I helped to judge this year. We were awarded tickets to the rodeo and I got shots of a few events like "barrel racing".
I think a few of my students would be able to stay on . However, my hat's off to the man that tries.

The contestant must stay on for 8 seconds. He scores higher for how well he spurs and for showmanship and if his horse bucks well.



This horse fell and the rider escaped with minor injuries.



The "pick up" men are valuable horseman in the sport of rodeo and these were quite skilled.



This is the Senior Queen for 2009.



Now this little gal was a favorite of mine. She won the Junior division. She actually beat the Senior Queen in horsemanship to win the trophy saddle. You'll be seeing this "Shaffer" in the future as Miss Rodeo Idaho and Miss Rodeo America. She' s got what it takes!







1 comment:

  1. A Rodeo! Boy, do I miss going to a good, old-fashioned western rodeo!

    ReplyDelete