Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ooo, What's That?!

You probably can't see this in the photo, but inside "India's" ear is what is known as "Sarcoids".

Sarcoids look like a cluster of warts, however they are tumor-like growths that are unpleasant to look at. They seem to annoy the horse because they are in the way of the tack. Other than that I'm unsure that they cause much pain. I had these removed a couple of years ago by a vet. He actually cut them off. They did return as he indicated the possibilty. It was costly for the procedure so I researched other options. I've been using an herbal product which is a fourth of the cost. So far I'm impressed with the results. The lable states that there is no regrowth, or scaring affects. After a few applications the growths were minimized.

This sarcoid is located between her jawline and chin. We had missed this from the first removal. As you can see it is "gross" in every way. This is a picture taken after a few treatments. It was black and crusty before. It's like it's being disolved slowly. I will be sure to post the final results when treatments are complete.


2 comments:

  1. My horse Adobe had sarcoids too. He had one on his nose change into cancer. He had surgery/chemo and is doing well now. Good article on sarcoids, I wish there was a cure for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate advise and input from others. It helps me to make better choices when I have more information about others experiences.

    ReplyDelete