Sunday, March 15, 2009

ONE LAST FLING BEFORE SPRING!

KyeLeah and I decided that before we sprung into busy spring activities that we had better have one last hurrah! We ended up going to Philadelphia, PA to visit my oldest daughter Shilowe, her husband TJ, and my grandsons. Since New York is just kitty corner to Philly and we have always wanted to see the Big Apple, we were fortunate to have the best local tour guides my neice Kim and her husband Mark! Thanks to all their local wisdom Shilowe and KyeLeah won prime front row tickets to the Broadway hit play Wicked! We were so grateful to have such informative and fun travel guides! While they were at the play they took me on a grand tour of the city's highlights. It was just a ball in the great Big Apple. I actually wouldn't mind visiting again, but I'll have to take Candice this time of course AND we'll see another Broadway show! However, her and I are going to be REALLY busy this season with all our Horsin Around Adventures so stay tuned for our Fall Ball!
Something I learned about Philadelphia horses is: "They don't get very far, very fast." But they sure are pretty to look at!
As an animal lover I'm always looking for places that are in my comfort zone. Here we are in the city of Philadelphia where it is America's first Zoo. It is a good one!
I can never get away from teaching riding lessons. Here's my grandsons on a stiff little critter!

Here's a fellow wishing that he could get out and go for a horseback ride. I bet Korkie would be a good horse for him. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Momma Plocher,

    I'm glad that you visited! I just received your card yesterday. I was jumping up and down like a little kid.

    We miss you and KyeLeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a blast when you visited! I wish you two could have stayed longer. The boys miss you! Just the other day, Nathan looked around the room and started hollering for you: "Maunya! Maunya!" It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete