Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Remy", a Different and a Changed Horse

I am now able to ride Remy with caution. The vet indicated that an injury such as his would require eight to twelve weeks until he could be expected to perform to his full ability. I chose to continue his training due to his phycological issues. It has been a successful journey. His disposition is more calm and accepting. There is a point in training that I look for called "Crossing Over" . That is when change takes place and I know that the horse understands and is receptive of the thing that I am teaching. "Oh, I get it!" attitude. Until the phycolgical part of training is accomplished there is minimal progress. This is the most recent photo of Remy's injury, taken on Oct. 3rd. The wound has healed quite nicely.

This was taken approx. three weeks earlier so you can see progress. He's also improving with his movement and strength.






No comments:

Post a Comment