Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just Keep On Training!

As you now know, Remy injured his leg during the first part of his training. He's a "Bucker", and chose to have a fit during his intro to the saddle. He bucks hard and furious and caught his leg through the roundpen fence during his little bronc exibition. I chose to keep him, nurse his leg and continue his training. As you can see he is now accepting the saddle. I must let you know that he did buck again although his leg was injured but he calmed down when I encouraged him to "STOP!" I'm assuming that he realized that the possibilty for another accident was possible. I've been saddling him for the past few days with no other discussions.
This is me on top of "Remy".


Since I didn't think that you'd believe me, I had Chad take some photos of me mounting Remy.


Here we are getting aquainted with horse and rider. I am bareback with a halter. I had to wear shorts because of my own injury that hurt when pants brushed up against my leg.


Good horse. His ears are back and attenative to me. Remember, he hasn't been ridden yet. He is also being cautious with his own leg. It is still in a wrap. "Remy" is a challenge. He's at least 5 years old and has some serious phycological issues from previous handlers. Possible abuse. He will take more time and effort but I see his potential and am greatful for his new and understanding owners that also see his willing heart. I also have learned over 30 years or so of training that you never take anything for granted, and "The slower you take it , the faster you'll get there."





1 comment: